YCS Technology Department
Current Technology Initiatives
- Student Device Deployment
- All YCS K-2 classrooms are equipped with iPads and a Brenthaven Edge 360 case.
- Each YCS 3rd-6th grade student is issued an iPad. These devices are used for filtered student web access, student-teacher collaboration and communication, workflow, and production purposes. iPads are set up with offsite network filtering, as they are take-home devices. These devices come with a keyboarded case.
- Each YCS 7th-12th grade student is issued a Macbook. These devices are used for filtered student web access, student-teacher collaboration and communication, workflow, and production purposes. Student laptops are set up with offsite network filtering, as they are take-home devices.
- Teacher Device Deployment
- Each YCS teacher and administrator is a issued Macbook and an iPad. These devices are used for collaboration and communication, workflow, digital content creation and professional development purposes.
- All classrooms are equipped with digital projectors and most have SMARTBoards or Viewsonic Interactive Flat Panel.
- Professional Development and Training for Teachers
- Teachers receive on-going training to develop an understanding of technology integration frameworks (TPACK, SAMR) and technology standards (ISTE NETS, Indiana Computer Science), as well as to learn the process curating and creating digital content.
- Teachers receive on-going training to learn how to use provided devices, as well as our district learning management system.
Tech Info & Help for Parents/Students
1:1 Forms And Policies
Student Device Insurance
The Tech Department is excited to provide the best technology to our students each school year. With the growing costs of technology and technology repairs, YCS highly encourages families to purchase the Device Protection Plan during Registration this school year. The Yorktown Community Schools Student Device Insurance Repair Plan helps defer costs for damaged screens, keyboards, case, cables, etc. The Insurance Repair Plan costs $45 per student per school year. This is an optional purchase at the end of Registration.
In previous years, you were able to check a box indicating that you would like to purchase the Student Device Repair Plan. This box has been eliminated from registration. Payment must be received BEFORE your child’s device will be covered. No grace will be given this school year.
Payment can be accepted in the following ways:
- Cash or check that is sent to the office of your child
- An optional fee payment through eFunds.