YCS Virtual Learning Technology Information
Virtual Learning Internet Access
AT&T: Until the end of May, AT&T is making all of its public Wi-Fi hotspots open for free access by anyone. For instructions, click HERE.
Verizon: Verizon had added 15 GB of high speed data for wireless consumers and small business customers to be automatically applied with no customer action necessary. For more information from Verizon, click HERE.
Comcast: Comcast is now offering an "Internet Essentials" package that provides 60 days of free service and a $9.95 per-month plan after that time. Comcast is also making all of its Wi-Fi hotspots available for free public use. For instructions, click HERE.
Sprint and T-Mobile: Both are allowing existing customers unlimited smartphone data and an additional 20GB of tethering and hotspot data until the end of May.
Ball State University: Ball State is turing the "Stadium Overflow" parking lot into free community Wi-Fi hotspot. For information on how to connect, click HERE.
Current Technology Initiatives
- Student Device Deployment
- All YCS K-2 classrooms are equipped with a minimum of 2:1 iPads. Select classrooms are equipped with 1:1 iPads.
- Each YCS 3rd-6th grade student is issued an iPad. These devices are used for filtered student web access, student-teacher collaboration and communication, workflow, and production purposes. iPads are set up with offsite network filtering, as they are take-home devices.
- Each YCS 7th-12th grade student is issued a Macbook. These devices are used for filtered student web access, student-teacher collaboration and communication, workflow, and production purposes. Student laptops are set up with offsite network filtering, as they are take-home devices.
- Teacher Device Deployment
- Each YCS teacher and administrator is a issued Macbook and an iPad. These devices are used for collaboration and communication, workflow, digital content creation and professional development purposes.
- All classrooms are equipped with digital projectors and most have SMARTBoards or Viewsonic Interactive Flat Panel.
- Professional Development and Training for Teachers
- Teachers receive on-going training to develop an understanding of technology integration frameworks (TPACK, SAMR) and technology standards (ISTE NETS, Indiana Computer Science), as well as to learn the process curating and creating digital content.
- Teachers receive on-going training to learn how to use provided devices, as well as our district learning management system.
eLearning Day Frequently Asked Questions
The YCS Technology Department has come up with some FAQs to help parents and community better understand eLearning Days at Yorktown Community Schools. Please refer to the document below
Forms and Policies
YHS Student Canvas Navigation Part 1: Course Navigation
YHS Student Canvas Navigation Part 2: Utilizing Announcements, Discussions, Assignments, and Quizzes
iPads - Student Information
Macbooks - Student Information
Helpful Links - Parents
Digital Citizenship and Online Safety
Interested in Online Safety Information?
Visit Common Sense Media
Visit Common Sense Media